Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Investment Strategy and Framework
- Lead and direct the conceptualization and development of the growth strategy in line with the approved business strategy, investment policy and agreed investment themes to drive business growth as per the defined business plan.
- Lead and direct the market screening for inorganic growth opportunities and direct the development of business cases and the conducting of due diligence in coordination with internal teams, to support strategic decision making.
- Champion the evaluation and execution of transactions, providing expertise in evaluation, due diligence, risk mitigation and post-merger integration services to realize the approval growth plans.
- Establish and maintain a knowledge management program of market intelligence, collating feedback across the entire work-stream pipeline. Drive the sharing of market knowledge of acquisitions or divestments made by competitors with relevant groups to inform of competitive strategy.
- Ensure the development and establishment of a comprehensive governance framework to support the effective administration of business growth initiatives.
- Lead and direct the progression of all growth opportunities through the Stage Gate process and ensure the thorough assessment and evaluation of inorganic investments.
- Serve as the expert and key point of contact for discussions and negotiations with third party investment entities, ensuring alignment with the corporate mandate.
Manage processes for corporate solutions, e.g., origination, evaluation, and execution of corporate solution opportunities in line with recommendations resulting from periodic portfolio review meetings.
Portfolio & Pipeline Management
- Lead and direct the deployment of the approved strategy, and the overall portfolio of assets, ensuring that projects are executed under the organization’s portfolio management framework and are aligned with overall Business Strategy, and systematically developing market, economics and consumer focused information and insights that will enable informed business decision-making.
- Lead the establishment of strategic or requisite frameworks for capitalizing on identified opportunities from origination to closing
- Lead and direct the capital budgeting process - identifying capital expenditures, projected cash flows and finally, assessing the financial sustainability to drive effective portfolio management.
- Manage the capital financing process in identifying the sourcing and the deployment of capital needed to implement capital investments in close coordination as required with other functional areas.
- Provide counsel, lead the assessment of all types of investment opportunities - projects, special purpose vehicles (SPV’s), funds as well as direct assets investment to aid in decision making of the most optimum investment opportunity.
- Lead and direct the provision of end-to-end support in valuation methods and techniques; interprets valuation reports to assist in decision-making and guides SPL to consider external sources of financing, as appropriate, to raise capital.
- Ensure that deals are within the financial and risk limits as specified by the investment guidelines.
Provide overall guidance to effectively manage the deal lifecycle through maturity; from disbursement to full repayment of investment or repayment of the loan in case of borrowing.
Investor Relations Management
Provide overall guidance for the effective establishment of SPL’s relationships and positioning with investors and other corporate stakeholders; direct the development, implementation and establishment of a comprehensive, strategic investor relations program, in order to ensure strengthening of the brand’s reputation in line with the corporate mandate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or equivalent.
- Master's in Finance or equivalent post-graduate qualification from an internationally recognized business school is preferred.
- Professional certification such as CFA, Chartered Accountancy is preferred, .
20 years relevant experience in leading capital structuring and investment management, including at least 4 years in positions of progressively increasing managerial responsibilities